Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tribal Connection

I love my (our) new tribe!

I was so worried that I'd scare them off with my tendancy to overwhelm and strangle people with information, that I was delirious with relief after they left tonight.

They are both too cute. First, Mom 1 is a teacher. She's a delight and probably has a lot of great craft ideas (because, although I am artistic... I am not really craft-y, they are two very different skills). Mom 2 is an experienced camper. While camping may have scared off a friend of mine, certainly a few bugs in a tent won't frighten this camper enthusiast. I cannot use their real names because of my spiritual agreement with my husband, we do not soul-steal and use their real life names.

I was very proud of the facts that I strove to cover : our responsibilties to sponsor a minimum of two events (please, let's do the easier ones!), our costs for vests and membership, and wampum or monthly club dues. I aim to be very upfront about money and costs. With gas prices these days, I think it'll be close to a sin to ignore any costs involved with the group.

Or Club. "Club" was Mom 2's smart word. It makes sense. Our little girls understood "Club" more readily than "Tribe".

What is our "Club"'s name?
Our darlings suggested....

Earth
Blue Dolphins
Butterflies
Sparkle
(something with) Princesses
and my personal favorite
Silverfish

We'll decide this summer how we will name ourselves, and my goodness, begin our TRIBE. Wahoo!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words. The upside is our own children, who see a person as a person rather than a complexion.
    A side note: I'm very excited to read your blog as I am learning, because Aaron and my boys are so into the outdoors, to camp. So, thanks for finding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your views.